Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Fabric Bag Swap - Pam Chasen, Montreal, Canada

A beautiful silk bag has arrived for our swap from Pamela Chasen in Montreal, Canada. Pam writes, "I enjoyed creating this bag. The lining is cotton that I dyed. The outside is silk, hand-dyed by me using shibori techniques. The background silk surface of the pouch (front pocket) is also handmade by me, embellished with Angelina fibers, mesh and other threads. I also made the cord of the bag by twisting three different fibers and machine sewing them together. I hope the recipient of this bag enjoys using it as much as I enjoyed making it." I am sure they will Pam : ) thanks so much! Here is a new close-up that I scanned because the flash of my camera did not let you see the work on the pocket Pam created as you should . . . . click on any picture for more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.