Saturday, July 5, 2008

Alpha Stamps Grimm fairytale Collage swap -first prize!


It seriously took me some time to decide on a First Prize winner = the most creative swap entries in our Alpha Stamps Brother's Grimm fairytale swap! I had a long list of about a half a dozen participants who I thought really showed creativity with their 5"x5" collages but it was these collages featured to your left that I kept returning to.


Lulu Hlavin from Des Moines, Iowa is our winner!


Congratulations to Lulu! I loved the way she collaged both the front and back of her cards and she used so many elements . . . dimensional leaves and flowers, beaded trim, large die cut letters, different ribbons & trims, foil pieces, metal trims and spiral clips, fabric rosettes and glitter . . . all put together very creatively with the Alpha Stamps Brothers' Grimm images as well as some of her own childhood storybook images, wow! The photo to the right below, shows just how dimensional, interesting, beautiful and creative Lulu's collages are! (click on any picture for more detail).


This is an Alpha Stamps sponsored swap, and Lulu receives a prize for being the winner! The book below is the First Prize donated by Leslie Elledge at Alpha Stamps.
I know Lulu will love it!











Actually, everyone who participated will be receiving a prize - A gift collage image sheet from Leslie at Alpha Stamps, but I am going to keep what it is a surprise until you receive it . . . .

I have my swap list designed (how I sort swaps out - on paper first!) and I am working on swapping the 200 pieces that came in. If you were in this swap, I will be sending out your package with the Alpha Stamps gift collage sheet sometime next week -I will keep you posted to my progress!

Thanks very much for your participation in another really awesome swap! To see ALL the entries, follow this link for the entire Brothers' Grimm Swap Gallery at Alpha Stamps.

; ^ ) yours creatively, lenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.