Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Row House Swap: Dottie Mucha ~ Connecticut

My neighbor, Dottie Mucha, has made the greatest little Row Houses! They are choc-full of of interesting little shrink plastic pieces (click on any photo for more detail). Plus Dottie utilized the little windows and doors of these chipboard houses to put scenes or people behind them : ^ ) Dottie used the Chipboard Houses set she got from Alpha Stamps . . . .

Dottie created 11 -Two sets of houses, plus 1 for me! I know this is not always possible, but I do appreciate the extra as a gift. Thank you! And I think the texture on these houses is the result of her play date with her sister Rena? Yes! Dottie wrote and told me how she got this texture:

"And, yes the bachground technique was similar to the one Rena & I played with. We first did alcohol inks on glossy paper, then used the fusible web then embossing powder. With the houses, I used the fusible web then put on embossing powder and for the teal ones I also sprayed them with Radiant Rain "Fern" (color). I did the edges with an Encore stamp pad (teal). I painted a few of the fairy houses with Golden's Titan Buff then did the fusible web and embossing powder. I think I gave you one of these. Most are the fusible web and embossing powder. I filled in areas and the edges with an Encore pad (pink)." Dottie

Here are some more views of Dottie's art - enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.