Friday, January 28, 2011

Mary Zimany: Vintage Note Card swap!

How wonderful to have Mary Zimany from Connecticut participating in our Vintage Note Card swap. We used to get together, back when I lived in CT. Mary might take a class from me, or we would meet and share artwork over dinner, or she would participate in one of my swaps! I was so happy to see her sign up and I think you will love her cards. And, they got here in just 2 days -imagine that!


I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of seeing the different ways many of you are using the vintage images I included, like the one above. It is so much fun and very inspiring -I am getting lots of ideas.




lovely stamped envelopes


beautiful coloring


great colors and lace

 Mary has a blog called Once Upon a Muse with more instruction on how she created her cards right there. She also has a Picture Trail site and I even recognize some of her previous swap pieces there : ^ ) thanks so much, Mary -great to have you!

2 comments:

  1. I love the colours in Mary's notecards! Really pretty. Perfect vintage feel to them, and the different textures are great.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Joanna! There are so many gorgeous cards, Lenna must be having fun looking at them IRL!

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.