Thursday, June 2, 2011

#18.Angelika Westermann - Little Book Swap

All the way from Germany, Angelika has sent us 4 wonderful little books. She, like many of my participants, worried about her books! She enclosed a note saying after seeing so many beautiful books on the site, she did not know if hers were really fit for this swap! They are. No worries!  Do your best, be inspired by what you see, or do as some participants do and do not look at the blog until your books are sent. Personally, I like to look!! Well, I guess i have to! I get ideas and I get inspired and then off I go. Do what is best for you. Let the quality of the work encourage you to do your very best.

Here are Angelika's lovely books:

1st book:


2nd book:
click on any photo for a larger one!


3rd book:



 4th book:


Angelika has a blog called dragonquilts where she has written a couple of posts about making these books in both German and English. She is a fiber artist enjoying dabbling in mixed media techniques. Welcome, Angelika to your first creative swap - we're happy to have you here!
p.s. thank you for the extra painted paper, etc.
- much appreciated!

10 comments:

  1. Yay! I get to be the first to say how lovely Angelika's books are! I have admired Angelika's art for a few years now and am delighted to see her work here. She has a talent for blending and layering that I greatly admire. Beautiful work, Angelika!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that Angelika should be worried that her little books are not up to standard, when they are SO delightful!

    Beautiful creations, well done Angelika!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little books, this swap gets better and better - if that is possible! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! Like Angelika, I, too, was encouraged when you posted for swap participants to not be intimidated by all the wonderful books were were seeing. How come everybody else's "stuff" always seems better? Even in a quilt class, I see the fabric piles of other students and suddenly mine seems inadequate. Comparisons are not such a good practice for many of us it sounds like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean Angelika .. about 'worrying'. I believe, though, the best thing we can do it put our work out there. Yours are truly the books of an Angel :o) ... beautiful in every way. Be proud. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have felt this way too! One always wonders...
    Her books are lovely. The collaged pages looks totally fab to me : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, BEAUTIFUL!!!! Wunderschön! Zauberhaft!
    And I understand Angelika very good. I am also each time worried that my work is not good enough....

    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  8. These little books are all so gorgeous, they are treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everybody for your comments! You make me feel so welcome. I am writing this comment from Norway since we are on holiday. Believe me, I am so proud to participate with all of you in this swap.
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  10. The second book in this blog is now at my house. I've looked at it several times, and taken it to show around. I'm so taken with the workmanship and techniques. It's a lovely book, lovingly crafted. Thank you Lenna and Angelika.

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.