Thursday, June 2, 2011

#22.Sharon Walworth - Little Book Swap!

I am amazed by the package I received from Sharon Walworth, who sends to us from Rhode Island, USA. Sharon always sends me gorgeous artwork, but this time it was her packaging combined with the skill of her bookmaking and the idea she had behind it that truly blew me away. Sharon said this was one of her most favorite swaps -- and its at least her 12th creative swap! It was also her first experience with bookbinding, if you can imagine; and she reports that she is hooked! Sharon sent 5 identical packets and told me to open one for myself which would allow me to share it with you through my photographs. Look at how the package arrived -I love that tape!!


Inside, all of the books are wrapped up together-just like they are individually!


 each book is wrapped individually. If you receive one, you will want to 
untie the twine and unroll the paper for the notes inside . . .

 Sharon created her books with papers that contain wildflower seeds! 
Her entire book can be taken apart and put directly in your garden
or snipped into sections and be planted in pots!!!
Sharon gives complete instructions with each book. 
: ^     )
p.s. I know about the strict customs rules for Australia -no seeds- so I am sorry, I won't be sending you one of these books if you live there . . .


Wow!!!
Thank you, Sharon for your wonderful contribution.
Thanks to ALL participants for doing such a fine job with your little books.

I am all caught up with photos for now. Remember to check the sidebar 
to see if your package has made it to Florida. 
It can take me a few days to actually get it uploaded.
Thanks for your patience.
I have already started the swapping process to avoid being overwhelmed 
at the end of the swap with so many packages. 
I've got my swap chart made up - I am making notes and some swaps! 
See you again soon I'm sure, with more creativity!

12 comments:

  1. Lenna, stop it! I can't take any more for today! My brain is spinning, I just need to start making more mini books, so much inspiration! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, valerie! You gave me a good laugh ; ) you now know how I feel opening all these goodies! Not to worry, no more for today . . . that was the last package I have here to upload. I can't promise anything about tomorrow or the next day, though! Thanks : ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna: the books being produced are outstanding, and it hurts that we are limited in thenumber we will receive. I wonder if you would consider producing a little pdf or visual collection of the books which we could purchase so as to download and print out a "catalogue" of the swap? If all the photos were the same size, we might be able to make a cover for that catalog: perhaps another little 5" book??? I know it would be a bit of work, but this swap is really worth it. thanks for the great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never considered something like that, Sharon . . . let me put on my thinking cap and see if it would be possible . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK Lenna, you have really overdone it this time! I have only just made it to #22 (Sharon) .. I'm breathless, my heart is beating fast and I feel like someone has given as large portion of some magic ellixer! Does it get any better than this?? Can people be any more clever than this? I agree with Valerie .. stop it! No more today. I'm going to catch my breath on the terrace and have a glass of wine while I ponder all this amazing talent. hugs, Donna PS. Hopefully later, I will be back to comment on everyones' very special work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back. Sharon .. your little books of seedlings are marvelous. They struck me as so similar to us .. as artists. Beautiful, fragile, unsure of ourselves until we are watered and nurtured and encouraged to grow. Absolutely LOVELY! Big hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderfully, creative idea...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lenna, you must have really enjoyed opening this package! The books are amazing. What a fab idea.

    My books are out in the mail in the morning...Yay!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wildflower seeds?? Really? How clever is that? These are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea & such a beautiful collection of little books....your are so clever, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And one of these lovely little books now resides in my handmade book collection. You really have to touch one of these books to appreciate the art. For example, the little ribbon/binding on the left edge of the book is very cleverly manipulated paper, with superb finishing touches, like just a little twist at the end. Can't describe, must see. Thank you Lenna, and thank you, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.