Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Beth Bynum -Postcard mail art swap!

From Michigan, Beth Bynum has sent in her A Summer's Day postcards for the mail art swap that is due September 17th. Thank you, I love receiving swaps early! Yesterday in my mailbox, I had the lovely surprise of one single postcard addressed to me with Beth's take on the summer's day theme. Today in the mail, 3 of Beth's postcards for the swap came in one envelope-yay! How delightful. Here they all are.


Beth has done what I would call her "signature" background with stamping under the butterfies. Many of the stamps are hand by Beth made using styrofoam. Beth took my collage on canvas workshop fairly recently and has had her own exhibit at her local library, selling her collages, so wonderful! I adore her layered postcards. 
She says: A summer's day is as sweet as butterfly kisses. You can read all about how Beth made her postcards on her blog.





Thank you so much, Beth. Your postcards are awesome! 
I really enjoyed receiving a "preview" addressed just to me first! 

I look forward to seeing yours if you are registered for this swap!
It's not too late to join  : ^ ) Lenna 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, these are so beautiful and enchanting! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! Valerie
    P.S. I'm still waiting....our post is a catastrophy! I just got things which were sent off end of May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie, I am so sorry it is taking so long for you to receive your little books. I know Angelika, also in Germany only received hers about a week ago? I sent the book packages June 21st, so if you just got things sent at the end of May . . . it might be a little more time. On the other hand, they could be catching up now? I have the customs receipt -perhaps it's time to check. Hang in there and thanks for your patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Lenna - I'm jockying for one of B's masterpieces (hint, hint). They really are lovely. Jewels

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.