Wednesday, October 27, 2010

mail art swap!

The back of one of Frieda's envelopes for our Mail ART swap
I only announced this swap one week ago and we already have 42 participants registered, so cool. I can already tell this is going to be a fantastic swap!
My dear friend Frieda in Scotland registered, and has even finished and mailed her pieces already, wow! You can catch a sneak peek here on her blog. I did not know if Frieda would be able join in because she is working towards finishing up work for her solo exhibition, "color-quilts-collage" which will be held at the Tweeddale Museum in Peebles, Scotland April 2nd - May 28th, 2011. Frieda is an award-winning quilt artist. The most exciting part for me is I am planning a visit to her in the middle of this exhibition and we will go see it together! I have not booked my flight yet, but there is plenty of time. It is really so exciting! Frieda & I have been corresponding and sharing our art for 5 or 6 years now. When Frieda's mail art pieces arrive, I will scan them so you can view them in detail, postage stamps and all. She has gone above & beyond and also tucked beautiful fabric postcards she made inside each envelope. You can see them on her blog.

I have needed to send off a few things lately and created a few Mail Art envelopes rather quickly with rubber stamps and cool postage stamps. Here are a couple of simple ideas for you, below:



Have fun - and see you in the mail soon!!

Any questions please email me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.