Announcing Creative Swaps Paper and Fabric Bead Swap!
- Create 15-20 paper and/or fabric beads - in exchange for the same amount of beads in return. It is up to you how many beads you create but at least 15 and no more than 20.
- All swap packages must be delivered to me no later than March 24, 2011: Late entries will be returned.
- What Size? Any size beads. They are generally ½” - 2” long and various widths.
- What Materials? Make your beads out of fabric or paper of any type. You could use Tyvek paper, wrapping paper, leftover scraps of paper, patterned or printed paper, plain paper. Add color with markers or paint. Use newspaper or magazines. I even tried a long curl of a wood shaving from my husband’s workshop! Try cutting fabric, ripping fabric and adding threads or fibers. More ideas and lots of instructions are included in the accompanying lesson.
- The $12 fee to register for this swap includes a 14 page lesson on making paper & fabric beads plus the return postage for your swap beads to anywhere in the world.
The swap registration is handled by e-junkie so you will receive your materials as soon as your payment has cleared, at any time of the day, or in any time-zone, whether I'm at my computer or not! You will receive an email from e-junkie titled "Bead Swap + Lesson Purchase" sent to your PayPal associated email address. This email will include a link for you to download 2 pdf files: RULES+MAILING-beadSwap.03.24.12 and Making your own beads out of fabric and paper. Just download the 2 files with the link you are sent and save them somewhere on your computer where you will remember! Or print them out.
There will be a second part to this swap! After all the beads have been swapped and sent, I will encourage all of the participants to create something from the swap beads they received. You may use extra beads of your own, but I'll request that at least some of the beads used in the piece you make were ones received in the swap. I'll set up a "Linky" tool and participants can visit creative swaps and leave a link that will take us to see your bead swap creation! This means you will take a photo or scan, upload it to your blog, website or photo site ~ somewhere where you can link to that photo and share it on the swaps blog so we can view it.
So looking forward to this!
Bead Swap re-cap:
15-20 paper/fabric beads delivered to me by March 24, 2012
$12 to register for the swap includes a lesson and return postage
Registration via PayPal/Credit Card only - on the registration page (swap is now closed)
I reserve the right to close registration for this swap at anytime . . . lets say at 40 to 50 participants, or whenever I deem it full. Thanks!
Some of my beads for the lesson below : ^ ) lenna