Tuesday, March 24, 2009

away for a bit . . .

. . . because I will be visiting my Mom & Dad, shown below in the photo with me and my Nonie (my dad's mom) taken in 1972!! I will be in Florida with my parents & my husband Steven -- March 25th - April 1st, so I will not be able to let you know that your swap package has arrived until I return to CT on April 1st (no joke!).

We are really looking forward to family time together. If you did not know, my dad has had a really rough year the past year with heart problems (pacemaker, coronary stent) an ulcer, colon cancer (removed), an e-coli infection, liver cancer (in remission now after treatment), an infected gall bladder . . . it is amazing he is still here with us. We are so glad he is "a fighter" and he has been able to keep everything at bay and still laugh & joke about it! He even managed to make a wooden paddle for Steven to use with one of his hand made canoes when we visit. I find it hard to put into words how I feel.

I will be able to check in via my mom's computer, but I won't know what has arrived & will have to catch up after April 1st. Our house & pet sitter will take good care of your packages, do not worry! : ) lenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.