Saturday, September 24, 2011

leigh sanders: haiku ATC swap

From Spain, Leigh Sanders has sent in 4 very wonderful watercolor haiku ATCs for our swap. This is Leigh's second creative swap (view both entries here). I so love her style and the colors she freely uses. I feel very fortunate that she sent an extra ATC as a gift.


click for details





You can find out more about Leigh and her art on her own blog, Ruby Barr. When I first visited her blog, I learned she was using Spoonflower. This is a site where you can upload your own designs and create your own fabric! I went to her profile and promptly bought a fat quarter of her Spring 2011 flower design -the link to this is on her blog. It is fantastic! I looked around the Spoonflower site and decided it was easy enough to upload a couple of my recent art journal pages as my own designs for fabric. I have purchased Fat Quarters (21" x 18") of my designs and I am also very pleased with how they came out. You can view my fabric designs here. The ideas are mind-boggling. Thank you, Leigh! I so appreciate your art and your participation all the way from Spain.  ; ^ ) lenna


4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, I really like the colours and the stylized blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with Leigh's work. Her blog inspires me in so many ways, colour being one of them. Yes, isn't Spoonflower incredible. Tempting isn't it! xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for that Lenna, I had such fun with these haiku's - first time I'd ever tired writing one! Thanks a million for organising this. In fact it was this very swap that got me interested in ATCs in the first place- I've made over 80 in 1 month! Hubby thinks I may have an addiction problem ;)
    I was also so super excited that you bought a bit of fabric - CAN'T wait to see what you make with it! Spoonflower is in credible and so easy to use - you really are only limited by your imagination.
    Thanks Joanna and Donna - here's a very big (((hug))) for you all the way through cyberspace to Mexico! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these haiku, Leigh. Since I received you postcard, I'm so sorry I had to pass on the haiku swap. Such a beautiful addition to any swap. And thanks to Lenna for letting me share art with Leigh. I'm hoping our paths will cross again.
    xoxo
    bb

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.