Monday, September 3, 2007

Circle Book Swap - Carol Murphy, CA



Carol Murphy, a talented mixed media artist & instructor from California is participating in our Circle Book Swap - lucky us! She really blew me away with her creative approach to these pages . . . she has utilized encaustics - she teaches a great class on this -- and Carol used some of her own papers, artchix and other images, transparencies, she added an edging to the pages - wow! She sent 15 + and extra page for me so I have two scans of her pages for you to see - click on them for more detail!!! Carol also wrote in with some answers to Jo~Ann's question on HOW she created her circle pages - check at the very bottom of this post - click on COMMENTS.


Thank YOU carol!!

~To enjoy all the great work that has been coming my way, scroll down a few more posts . . .

Deadline for all pages is Friday, September 7th!



3 comments:

  1. Carol. These are magnificent! Would like to know about the technique you used. Jo~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much JoAnn-
    I used several techniques- on a couple of the pages I used some of my decorated papers. I spray tissue paper with colorwashes and iridescent mists and sprays, some from Luminarte and some colorwash sprays from Ranger. The papers and collage images are then applied using encaustic wax. (class to repeat at Joggles in a few months)On a couple of others I used Angelina to create butterflies and glued them to an Angelina background. The Lavender Lady is made with a "print" of my encaustic papers, transparency collage image, glitters, and double sided adhesive. Mostly I just used papers and stamped images, then layered them with images, ephemera, and transparencies. All the pages are whip stitched around the edges using coordinating fibers.
    I'm so glad you like them JoAnn- Thank you so much for the nice comment-
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol - they are quite beautiful! You did a wonderful job on them!
    Mary Z.

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.