Saturday, September 20, 2008

Shades of Sunshine Quilties: Vickie Jones ~ South Dakota


Vickie Jones in South Dakota sent in 4 great quilties for our shades of sunshine quiltie swap, very bright and colorful, and all a bit different! Vickie wrote me an email that describes her process a bit . . . . .

"I used some of my hand dyed fabric on either the back or front of the quiltie. I tried using a little thread play to give the flowers a different look. I used pellex or timetex because I initially planned to do more beading and I was afraid the beading would be too heavy for the batting. This was my first attempt to hand dye fabric...one of my friends Darlene (she's in this swap also) gave me a lesson...I plan to do this again and be quite a bit MORE creative!! I had fun! Thank you for hosting the swap and encouraging us to try new things! "


It's my pleasure, Vickie!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.