Sunday, April 19, 2009

12x12 Fabric technique swap #19: Linda Garcia, New Mexico



WOW! From Linda Garcia in the "Land of Enchantment" (New Mexico) we have Linda's decidedly Southwest style 12x12 quiltie. Linda wrote me an email . . . one of many as she has been of great support during my dad's illness. In discussing her creative process Linda wrote . . .
"Yesterday I sent via priority mail my 12x12 Collage…..what I’ve learned over the years is that I feel comfortable with my style, the heartfelt peace of the Southwest—I get it! It’s me! I used everything that was left over from one project or another & nothing was purchased, ah, a “green moment.” You were a great incentive mi amiga! I'm a girl who was born on the West Coast, lived on the East Coast, moved to the rainy Northwest and now a woman living life to the fullest in the ol’ Southwest! Last fall my Mom told me that my Great-Grandfather also lived in Albuquerque, along with my Grandparents. This piece, Collage of la Tierra Encantada is a combination --the colors, my roots, fibers, sentiments and adornments! This project strayed a couple of times in my mind at night and what I imagined came out pretty close ---funny, I will dream of pieces."

I really love what Linda has made because she accepted my challenge for this swap and yet stayed true to herself. Bravo! This is Linda Garcia's 14th creative swap with me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.