Tuesday, March 1, 2011

wrapping up the vintage note card swap

I have scanned all of the envelopes and note cards for our vintage swap-hooray! Sorry for any delays up to this point and going forward, this swap is ending at a very busy time for me. Unfortunately in this swap, I had one package that came in that I could not accept. I was very sorry to have to return that package, but the swap pieces were postcards, not folded note cards as I specified and the gel medium that was used on them caused the postcards to stick to the envelopes so much so I could not really get them out.

I'm telling you this not to be mean, but so you will know when using gel medium, it's good to place a piece of wax paper in-between the gel medium surface and the paper it is next to. If you do not follow the swap directions so much so that I think a participant receiving your pieces will be upset (card literally stuck to the envelope, postcard/and not a note card) I will have to return your pieces. This is a rare occasion, but I wanted you to be aware!

I will start working on the swapping process very soon. I usually am lickety-split about this because I like to get the job done quickly and I like for you to receive it quickly. This time, I am busier than usual with my online class going on - http://4artists4ways.typepad.com/ and our friends returning Thursday for 2 nights. The swapping and packaging could take longer than my usual 1 week turn-around. I will definitely keep you posted and let you know the status of  the swapping and the mailing. I hope to be mailing your swap packages out next week, but I am not going to over stress myself about it. Next week is when my lessons are up online. I know you will understand! I will keep you posted!!!

Thank you for the awesome Vintage note cards, the swap returns are sure to please.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lenna, please do not stress at all about it. They're notecards not a form of life support! I'll be happy as and when they plop through my letter box.

    Very sad that you had to reject someone's artwork, but I guess that's the hard decision you have to make on our behalf, so thank you. I so hope the unfortunate artist understands.

    Take care,

    Jo
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenna - I've waited this long I can last a couple more weeks (LOL) No worries - they will get here when the get here. Sorry about the one mishap - but how often does that happen considering how many of these you do - and a lesson learned for all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.