Saturday, March 19, 2011

Coming soon, a new creative swap!

Do you like little books? Would you like to learn how to make small books? Do you have a favorite little book you'd like to create and trade for another cool little book? Well hang on! In just a couple of weeks I will unveil a brand new creative swap ~ little books! Below are a few small books I've made. Click for detail.


These range in size from 1" to 5" and that's about the size I'd like to see for this swap. Most of these were made for my husband, because Steven really loves little books! Four of the ones you are looking at here were created out of just one single sheet of paper, amazing. Above you can also see a fabric book that has ATCs for pages, a watercolored accordion book, and a teeny tiny book with a shrink plastic cover. When you register for this swap I will include a lesson on making mini books. How's that sound?  I'll be back as soon as I can after I've written the lesson and organized the swap details. I would expect to announce this new swap around the end of March, beginning of April and it will not be due until early June. Till then, you can always check in on my creative lenna blog, if you like. See you soon! It will be great!
Edit: The swap is now full and closed for registrations! Go here to read the details. 

10 comments:

  1. I would like to do this Lenna! Count me in! Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenna, I looove little books, too! I'm so excited! Can't wait...this will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am interested. I have a collection of little books and am always looking for a new idea.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lenna what a fabulous swap idea - so sweet I think everyone has a soft spot for books - this is just too lovely!
    hugs
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leena -- sorry to post here. My computer crashed and I lost your email address and the letter you sent with everyone's email from the vintage swap. Would you mind e-mailing me at dorothydonnaparker@gmail.com. Because I am on my old computer I can't use your push button e-mail system. Thanks ... also ... delicious cards arrived in the mail. can't wait for your book swap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for the book swap!!!!! Books are so great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do so want to be included in this! I adore altered books, but my favorite thing is making tiny books. The sign up will be on this blog, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, Catherine! I will announce it on this blog in a week to 10 days, or as soon as it is ready. You can also sign up for notification through Feedblitz -see the 2 choices in the side bar. : ) lenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are some amazing books-all of them are so creative.

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.