Sunday, January 19, 2020

Lenna Andrews: All 3 Stitchies for the swap -done!

Well that's a good feeling. I finished my submission for the Stitchies Swap last night! 


All 3 of mine are on a blue-green - fish theme.
I used Fred Mullet rubber stamps that are made from actual fish prints. He has closed his shop after 25 years, but has info on nature printing and gyotaku here in a pdf.

I used a sparkly gel pen on this fish, and updated my other two stitchies as well. Below is what this fabric & fish looked like before sewing and adding pen marks . . . well, I see now it had a few marks, but not as many as when it was done! 


The back looks like this:


And ALL 3 of my stitchies for the swap are below . . . 


When I started working I was not positive of what I would be doing and did not know all 3 of my stitchies would be blue-green or feature a stamped fish! On the first one (bottom with sea weed) the fish was already on the fabric I chose. It was a leftover "test" for stamping a silk scarf. I liked the fabric & the stamp on it and that is what sent me down this path! If you have not started yet and want to be included (in my hands by Feb 1st) then dive in and start! Register here. Stitchies don't take long to do and you will find your way as you work. Plus, it feels good to make them! 

We have been joined by a couple more participants, so we are up to 20 in the swap. The last day to register is about a week away - Jan 27. Five days from that - I will swap whatever I have on hand. Thanks so much for stopping by creative swaps! Your comments are always appreciated.