Thursday, July 12, 2007

Garden ATCs - Catherine van der Hoeff, The Netherlands

We have beautiful Soul Flowers ATCs from Catherine van der Hoeff in the Netherlands! Click on them for a closer view.

I just love these! Catherine enclosed a note describing HOW she made them: They are made on Kunin felt and she used a method described in the book, "Pretty Little Things" by Sally Alexander. The author described a technique called "abracadabra collage technique" where you list tasks on little pieces of paper (paint, cut, chalk, wipe, ink, etc) - put them in a bowl and draw them, then do what it says!! Catherine says she translated some of the tasks to fabric (like stitch, sequin, etc) and she said it was so much fun. Then Catherine ironed on polyfilm (plastic) to keep everything in place. Catherine writes that she hopes I like the results - I DO!!! I am so happy you made an extra ATC for me!! thank you : ))


If you are in this swap I am eagerly awaiting your ATCs as 25 more sets are due to arrive . . . remember I will be without computer access July 14th - 22nd, so I won't be able to tell you until after that date that your swap art has reached me . . . . ALL ATCs must be here by Tuesday July 31st and then I may be enlisting help to swap all these gorgeous cards!

: ) yours creatively, lenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.