Friday, February 6, 2009

Alice in Wonderland ATC swap: Vicky Martindale, Michigan

This is Vicky Martindale's 7th swap here at creative swaps, and she also participated in many other swaps I hosted before I even started this blog : ) For our Alice in Wonderland swap, Vicky has sent in some lovely dimensional ATCs. Many feature playing cards that are cut out and not glued flat to her base, but are hovering above the surface via foam tape. It is a great effect!

For her ATCs, Vicky relied on the wonderful images from the Mad Hatter's Teaparty #1 available at Alpha Stamps, who is sponsoring this swap. A bit of trivia, Vicky sent me a note with her ATCs telling me she had visited the Detroit institute of Arts and saw a painting by my Great Uncle, William Glackens, "The Promenade" (1927). This is a painting of William's daughter, my namesake, Lenna Glackens! Thank you for sharing that, Vicky! I have a recent post about William Glackens on my creative lenna blog - if you'd like to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.