Monday, June 23, 2008

Grimm fairytale 5x5 Collage swap: Vickie Jones


This is the last week for me to receive pieces for our Alpha Stamps Grimm fairytale 5"x5" collage swap. The in-my-hands deadline is this Saturday, June 28th. Wow, can you believe we've reached the end of June, already???










In today's mail there was a large package from Vickie Jones filled with 2 -sets of 4- Grimm fairytale collages and lots of extra collages! Vickie is new to creative swaps and she enclosed a really lovely note with her collages. I'd like to share part of it with you . . .

"Dear Lenna, Thank you so much for inspiring me to truly adventure outside my confort zone. I have always loved crafts and sewing but have never "adventured" any further . . .

Thanks to your site I gained the courage to try . . . . and that I did! I am a quilter and a scrapbooker . . . and now I enjoy the multi-media arts! I went "crazy" and completed twelve Brothers Grimm cards -- 8 to swap and 4 for you and Alpha Stamps . . . . I hope you enjoy these pages as much as I enjoyed creating them!"

Well, the answer to that is easy, Vickie! Your collages are varied, using angelina, eyelash fibers, my favorite flowers and leaves from Alpha Stamps - wow! I love what you have created and feel honored I could help you venture into a new artistic & creative outlet. Awesome!

Below you'll find the back of one of the collages above (wonderful!) and then more of Vickie's Alpha Stamps Brothers Grimm collages --please click on any scan to see more detail. ThanK you very much, Vickie and welcome to creative swaps. Looking forward to your art for the Itty Bitty collages, Row Houses and the sunshine quilties!













WOW!! great job, vickie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.