Saturday, June 21, 2008

Grimm fairytale 5x5 Collage swap: Patricia Schweitzer

Patricia Schweitzer from Mount Sterling, KY sent in four very creative 5x5 collages for the Grimm fairytale swap. Each collage includes a pocket and a Cinderella paper doll with a clay head! Patricia even gave the dolls sparkly "Cinderella" shoes!



















Patricia explained to me in an email, "I chose to work with fabric images from a Happily Ever After collage sheet and used that as a pocket, which I stitched on top of corresponding fabric (your swaps have me experimenting with fabric, a new medium for me and one I'm learning to love). I accented the collage sheet images with Twinkling H20 paints, and then added paper/metal/bead/etc embellishments here and there. I also created a Cinderella Paper Art Doll (with a clay face and "glass" slippers) and tucked that into the pocket. Great, great fun!!!!"

You'll find the Happily Ever After sheet HERE.








Patricia also sent a beautiful little slide holder for me. Thank you! I love it.