Monday, August 30, 2010

*Congratulations to Sabine Schneider and Cat Dodt-Ellis!!*

Sabine and Cat have won 'Most Creative' in this swap for her Postcards (Sabine) and for her ATC (Cat).  I am so very pleased and happy to say CoNGrATuLaTiOns to both of them for their very creative art work for the Alpha Stamps garden variety swap. Here are Sabine's postcards . . .  The front features a gate, which opens!


Inside . . . .  surprises!

and the back was a work of art in itself ~

Sabine wins a beautiful Tin of vintage postcards as a gift from Alpha Stamps. Owner Leslie Elledge has picked out the Farmer's Market Postcards in a Tin as a First Prize for this swap, so cool. I also added a small pack of fabric and paper for Sabine, from me. Love her creativity! Here's a photo of what I packed for her, the colorful fabric wrapped everything up. I have sent her swap package to Germany this morning! 


* * *

Cat Dodt-Ellis from Idaho wins the Most Creative for her ATC! Here is the one she created for the swap:


Below is an extra ATC Cat made for me. 
I include it as she used the same techniques, and it is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l ! 

What I thought was most creative about Cat's ATCs was that she created them (and her postcards) using pieces of a vintage postage stamp quilt as the background. She told me she thought that would be appropriate . . . and I say it was ingenious, creative and pretty too! The recycled quilt pieces have lots of little floral fabrics. Awesome!!!! For Cat, I made up one of my fabric & paper Collage Packs, ooh la la! I think she'll have fun with it. Here's a peek: 


On Saturday I set up an extra table in my Studio for the swap . . . 
Before swapping I put them roughly in alphabetical order!
I used my list (I swapped on paper first) and did it in less time than I expected. The very good news is I have everything all swapped out now! All that is left for me to do is to seal the envelopes up and address them properly, make sure everything is there. I've already taken about a dozen packages to the post office today and plan to take a few more this afternoon (it's close by). The winners' packages have been mailed first, along with any going outside of the USA. I will get to the rest as soon as I can, because the moving van is coming in 3 weeks!!!! Must attend to that. : ^ )  Thanks again for you fantastic participation, I will be back to update you on this swap and upload some technique tags that have come in for our Sept 30th swap. 
yours happily, lenna 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Sabine and Cat! I would have picked the very same ones as winners for this - that garden gate idea was fantastic!

    Thanks for such a fun swap, Lenna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congratulations to Sabine for her beautiful postcards and...........to me....WOOHOO...for my ATC's....I am smiling with delight at this news & am so honored to have been chosen from all the fabulous creations!!!

    Thank you, dear Lenna, this means so much to me :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I just read the post. I can't believe it. Somehow I would really like to put my feelings better into english words.
    I try it. I am sitting here in front of the computer, my heart is beating and iI have really tears in my eyes. This is a real honor for me.
    Dear Lenna, thanks a lot to you. It means a lot to me!!!!!
    And there were all so impressive and wonderful cards from everyone!
    Congratulations also o Cat!
    And another thank you to you and Leslie Elledge! I am so pleased with the giveaway. I am curious what the outcome of this will be. :-))))

    Hugs,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.