Sunday, May 25, 2008

Altered by Design ATC swap: Lenna Andrews


Yes, I participated in my own swap! : )
The favorite ATC that I made today (and steven's favorite too) is pictured to your left - Click on any photo for more detail. Carol sent me a few collage sheets and I was so enamored by these images that I simply had to try them. The image sheets were new for me and oh, so appealing. I worked with a sheet that looks very similar to Digital Divas 2 and another sheet Carol sent with vintage sheet music cover images. I ended up making 9 ATCs! I am not sure if I will need all of these ATCs for the swap, but I was having fun & so I kept on creating.

I took photos of the process and hope to turn it into a tutorial of sorts, soon! But for now I will simply share a few photos with you. I'll let you know that in making these ATCs . . . first, I copied Carol's collage sheets onto fabric sheets that were already prepared for my printer. I used fabric as a base for my ATCs too and I did a lot of sewing! There is batting atached to the front piece of the ATC and a thin piece of cardstock in the middle for stiffness. The little metal hearts you see attached to a few pieces were a hostess gift from Lisa Mallette who participated in this swap - thank you! The tiny shoes I attached have been in my stash for years (well, they are Divas and they needed shoes!)
~yours creatively, lenna -- p.s. I will be back later with the winner -picked by Carol Murphy, sponsor of the swap, for the most creative ATCs!























Click on the picures for more detail . . . .

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lenna- These are simply FANTASTIC!! I love them!!!!! The ladies do take quite well to fabric. I love how you used different fabrics and color combinations- Awesome! Thank you so much!
    Carol Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome are these? Lovelovelove the denim ones; they are right up my alley! I'm so glad you found a good use for those hearts; I had colored a few with alcohol inks but that's where my creative ideas ended! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenna, You keep outdoing yourself with your artwork and your swaps! I am blown away by Carol Murphy's generosity with her artwork and her time...I am so lucky that I happened upon your website...good luck with the new one...Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so amazing!! Thanks so much Lenna for hosting these swaps, it's nice to be reconnecting!

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.