Sunday, May 25, 2008

Altered by Design ATC swap: Lenna Andrews


Yes, I participated in my own swap! : )
The favorite ATC that I made today (and steven's favorite too) is pictured to your left - Click on any photo for more detail. Carol sent me a few collage sheets and I was so enamored by these images that I simply had to try them. The image sheets were new for me and oh, so appealing. I worked with a sheet that looks very similar to Digital Divas 2 and another sheet Carol sent with vintage sheet music cover images. I ended up making 9 ATCs! I am not sure if I will need all of these ATCs for the swap, but I was having fun & so I kept on creating.

I took photos of the process and hope to turn it into a tutorial of sorts, soon! But for now I will simply share a few photos with you. I'll let you know that in making these ATCs . . . first, I copied Carol's collage sheets onto fabric sheets that were already prepared for my printer. I used fabric as a base for my ATCs too and I did a lot of sewing! There is batting atached to the front piece of the ATC and a thin piece of cardstock in the middle for stiffness. The little metal hearts you see attached to a few pieces were a hostess gift from Lisa Mallette who participated in this swap - thank you! The tiny shoes I attached have been in my stash for years (well, they are Divas and they needed shoes!)
~yours creatively, lenna -- p.s. I will be back later with the winner -picked by Carol Murphy, sponsor of the swap, for the most creative ATCs!























Click on the picures for more detail . . . .

4 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Lenna- These are simply FANTASTIC!! I love them!!!!! The ladies do take quite well to fabric. I love how you used different fabrics and color combinations- Awesome! Thank you so much!
Carol Murphy

Lisa said...

How awesome are these? Lovelovelove the denim ones; they are right up my alley! I'm so glad you found a good use for those hearts; I had colored a few with alcohol inks but that's where my creative ideas ended! LOL

Gayle said...

Lenna, You keep outdoing yourself with your artwork and your swaps! I am blown away by Carol Murphy's generosity with her artwork and her time...I am so lucky that I happened upon your website...good luck with the new one...Gayle

Denise said...

These are so amazing!! Thanks so much Lenna for hosting these swaps, it's nice to be reconnecting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...