Thursday, February 21, 2008

White Quilties! ~ Vicki Page

Look at this beautiful package of Shades of White Quilties for our swap from Vicki Page ~thank you!!


Then, take a look at all the 6x6 inch quilties that Vicki made below -click on any photo for a larger more detailed photo:

** Now, I think I have figured out which quiltie you made as a gift for me, Vicki . . . is it the one with the stars in the sky??


Vicki wrote me an email where she explained her process: "These quilties were made by painting muslin with a shiney white paint then adding two different colors of glitter. Then is used some different mesh or tulle fabric ironed on some wonder under then ironed that on top of the painted surface. The rest of the quiltie was made from some old antique laces that I've collected at auctions, flea markets and antique shops over the past 5 years. Just love the stuff! Once I got into the box of my old laces I couldn't believe how much of it I had. Must have a addiction for the stuff! Some of the laces are also new, and some of it I tried tea staining and coffee staining. Just playing around but sure enjoyed it. I saw this technique in one of my magazines so had to give it a try."


1 comment:

  1. Your right Lenna, the hearts symbolize the love in your home with Stephen. Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.