Saturday, November 1, 2008

Star Ornament Swap! Linda Garcia ~ New Mexico

Linda Garcia from Albuquerque, NM -has created two sets of 5 star ornaments for our swap.

Linda wrote to me in email:

Ah….my estrellas [stars]! While my sister in law is being a warrior chick, as I like to call her, with her cancer and becoming weaker each day - at least she is at home, her wish and she is as comfortable as one can be under these circumstances----I had trouble getting my “mojo” working but when I did…..the ease and solitude found in creating has helped me through these difficult days. It is this—this creativeness that helps one get through some of life’s most difficult paths. So, my estrellas gave me a light! The “estrellas” were a mix of this ‘n that… a first time for the melting pot. I always try to stretch myself on art exchanges and your exchanges bring out that spirit of sharing and giving. I wholeheartedly enjoy it. The moon faces in paper clay and other molds using the ultra thick with Jacquard paint lightly done. Previously, the adobe casas (row house swap) was my first try at polymer clay chilies and that was fun. A friend shared her techniques and made it so much easier.

Big hug mi amiga, Linda ~Tierra Encantada (Land of Enchantment)

Thank you, Linda for all your art & your support.






1 comment:

  1. Dear Linda, I am very touched and would love to be one of the happy fews receiving one of your beautiful ornaments.You're so right ART does help people going through rough times.
    I am wishing you and your sister much strength during this time.
    Love from across,
    Mieke Bronckers

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.