Saturday, November 1, 2008

Star Ornament Swap! Sharon Walworth ~ Rhode Island


Well . . . Sharon Walworth really blew me away with her star ornaments. They have a quality about them that is so beautiful, don't you agree? Sharon used images from one of my favorite Altered by Design image sheets, called Marigold ~ which is Exclusive to Alpha Stamps. Sharon enclosed a note in her package . . . .

Hi Lenna! I really enjoyed making these stars, in part because I was able to incorporate a technique I learned at "Art is . . . 2008" last week. I took a class with Leslie Venable, where we made small altered board books. She shared lots and lots of techniques, but the one I currently love is seen on the back of my stars. I used gesso as the stamp medium just painting it on (the stamp) with a little brush. Now you probably know all about that (NO, I don't!! It sounds great, I will try it!) but it was a lightbulb moment for me!!!

~ Well, I LOVE what you have created here, Sharon. absolutely beautiful! And thanks so much for the extra ornament for me. : )) -click on the photos for more detail!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.