Saturday, November 20, 2010

a couple of my samples

Hi, I'm just sharing the mail art envelopes I'm working on in case you are too! The first one shown here is a plain manila envelope, done DTP (direct to paper) with ColorBox ink pads. Then, before it dried, I sprayed a little watered-down Lumiere Paint (very watery). That made some interesting water spots-cool! I dried the envelope with my heat tool/embossing gun. Click on it below for more details.


Next I added rubber stamping with large Stamp Zia stamps, VersaCraft and Brilliance ink pads -- and then heat set them in case it rains! I like the almost translucent look of the stamping on the dark background.  I must say all of these ink pads as well as the Lumiere paint have been staples in my studio for perhaps 15 years. I reach for them again and again ~ I have re-inkers for my ink pads. It's the best way to go for me.


Yesterday, I finished another one of those of those collage style manila envelopes that I shared with you a week ago. In that earlier post, I embedded a great video by Roben Marie Smith that shows you how. These envelopes take a wee bit more time, but I enjoy making them. The best part? I get to rummage through my "collage boxes" -flat cardboard trays full of leftover papers from other projects and use up some of those papers!! See below, for the front and back of another collage envelope for our swap.


The little inchie size squares with funny sayings are from Lisa's Altered Art. This is a new find for me! Swap participant Linda Freeman used images from this company on her envelopes, and that was really the first time I'd seen them. You can get them digitally, which works well for me, or printed sheets, sent through the mail. The faux postage and crown are from ARTchix Studio and the patterned papers on the top and right side are from my classes with Mary Green of Green Paper Packages.


Have fUN with your Mail ART!! 


4 comments:

  1. Lenna, the effect you've achieved with those envelopes is fantastic! Love them. And those manilla folders are SO LOVELY! I watched that video too and I'm hoping to have a go soon - looks right up my street!

    Have a great weekend,

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous stuff, Lenna - both your art and the mail swap envelopes. It is exciting for me to be connected in this way to so much joyful energy!

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.