Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Kate North: mail Art Swap!

From the UK, Kate North has sent us 4 completely different envelopes. I love this! It is very interesting when the envelopes (or any swap pieces) are different from one another, but it is never a requirement with me. When I do multiples for a swap or exchange that I am participating in, my pieces are usually made the same, with variations. If you create all your swap pieces the same for one of my swaps -it is fine by me! Some people work better if they can try out different ideas, so I welcome this as well. Below are the fronts and backs of all 4 pieces of mail Art Kate sent in. Thanks so much for the extra one for me! I love, love, love the Winnie the Pooh postage stamp you chose.









Kate has an active blog where you can see more of her art: Kate's quilting and other Fiber Arts. She also hosts exchanges! I have signed up to be part of her journal quilt exchange (1 for 1): Another little Quilt swap. I am looking forward to getting busy with this project when I complete this swap!

3 comments:

  1. These are so pretty and colourful. Love that they're all so different too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Many times I do multiple items on a single theme, but this is my first proper mail art and I was playing around with different techniques. The postcard was actually "one I prepared earlier" - an extra from a set I had been looking for an opportunity to use - this seemed ideal.

    I love all the art in this swap - looking forward to seeing what I end up with :)

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.