Friday, November 5, 2010

mail art update

I'm just checking in to let you know I have received some beautiful envelopes besides the 4 Frieda made (which I posted about earlier) but I will wait until all 3 or 4 envelopes sent in by each participant is here, before I upload them to the blog. I have 2 envelopes from Jo Ann Reichert in my possession, as well as one envelope each from Marianne Baugher and Marjorie Jumisco. I think my Mailman is going to be quite busy! We have learned so far that while you can mail your envelopes or postcards on the same day, it is possible they may arrive on the same day (Frieda's) or they may NOT arrive on the same day (Jo Ann's). Do you think they are being admired along the way?? Quite possibly!

mail art postcard by lenna
As of this date we have 48 participants registered for this swap from these US States: Arizona (1), Arkansas (1), California (3), Connecticut (2), Florida (3), Georgia (1), Illinois (1), Indiana (1), Iowa (1), Maryland (3), Massachusetts (2), Michigan (1), Minnesota (2), Missouri (2), New York (2), North Carolina (3), Ohio (1), Pennsylvania (2), Rhode Island (1), Texas (5) and Wisconsin (1).
We also have international participants from Norway (1), United Kingdom (2), Netherlands (1), Australia (1), Scotland, UK (1), France (1), Germany (1) and Canada (1)!!!! wow. I am very impressed! Of course, if you live in Alabama, Alaska, Colorado, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, or Wyoming . . .  or another international spot I have not mentioned, we would love for you to join us and help us be even more well-represented with our mail art!!

I am extremely happy with the turn-out for this swap and know it is going to be a lot of fun and inspiring. Yes, if you are in this swap I do want you to send your envelopes and postcards to me sealed, with the proper postage and a return address visible. Put them directly in the mail and send them individually to me. Think of your envelopes and postcards as a piece of art, mail art, and not as an envelope that will most likely be used or re-used. If you have any questions about the swap, please email me! If you have NOT registered and would like to to, guess what? I am still taking registrations! Please see the side bar to register and for more information.
Thanks!! lenna