Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Gretchen Peacock - prayer flag swap!

From Gretchen, who I believe has recently landed in Maine, we have 3 lovely, layered prayer flags. She sent me an email about them and I will share that with you here . . .

This is the first time I have made these. For the base I used a fabric that I could 'true' up and then fringed the sides and bottom. I then cut pieces of fabric from my fabric stash and applied them via my sewing machine to the base fabric in different designs. Once these were done, I then sewed on embellishments as well as a slip on the back with my name and the name of my blog and it's address.

Thank you for hosting this swap. I have enjoyed the experience.
Gretchen Peacock








- I'm very glad you enjoyed the experience, I have enjoyed your participation, Gretchen! 


2 comments:

  1. Gretchen, I love the way you pieced the different fabrics together. These flags are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Prayer Flags, I really like the 'patchwork' look they have.

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.