Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Vickie Trancho - prayer flag swap!!

I really must include a part of Vickie's personal email to me when she sent her flags . . .

When you lose people you dearly love from this planet, it can feel devastating until you realize their soul, their spirit is always there. The wonderful Prayer Flag swap really brought that back home in a beautiful way. I started my project with some gorgeous ethereal silk I've had for ages. The colors always made me smile. Perfect for the flags. As I started to cut the pieces the material kind of bunched up and the edges were so uneven. I took one look and knew that was just what I wanted. Life and death are so uneven. Then my printer quit. More hand work...beautiful. I made these flags with the intention of impermanence. The only thing certain in life is change. Their delicate nature reflects how I feel about life these days. It is so beautiful. It is so fragile. We should fly with every moment we have. Love, Vickie

I really cannot add much to those insightful words! Thank you Vickie, for adding your feelings to your art. To me, that makes the whole process much more special. And thank you for the extra flag especially for me. Not to worry, I used a permanent marker and made a "creative recovery" by adding an "n" to my name on the flag. It would be beautiful without the correction, but I like seeing "lenna love"! I love the blue feathers and the extra fabric on the left, on the flag below. I can just imagine these flowing in the breeze.








love to you Vickie, so glad for your participation! 

5 comments:

  1. Early this morning I received a phone call I was dreading. My beautiful Mom passed away after a long illness. So many emotions, but the prayer flags still fly for all of us. I'll be making one for her soon, too. Bless all of you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with you, Vickie. Please take care. xo lenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am passing this comment along for my friend Red Sears. He gets my subscription and writes to me directly:
    Thank you Prayer Flag Swappers. An appreciative observer. Red

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading the process that Vickie went through in creating these flags. I am so sorry to now learn of her sad loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki, I received your beautiful yellow flag and I love the energy of it. The excerpt from your note to Lenna was insightful. Thanks. I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. Trish B.

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.