Monday, September 17, 2012

making way: prayer flag swap

Just a note to keep you updated . . . I have made my paper list of all the participants and figured out the swapping of the prayer flags -ON PAPER! That is the first step for me, and a big one. Once I have mapped out the swap on paper and what goes where, or rather to whom, all that is left to do is to physically swap it - then package them all up and mail them. But I don't have to do anymore thinking about who might like this or that or worry if it will come out evenly. It is always a relief for me to have a guideline in my hands before opening your packages up again! Thanks to all who enclosed pre-addressed envelopes or labels for recycling their mailing envelopes. This will truly bring your returns home more quickly to you.

In doing the swapping on paper and using the blog to view everything as I swapped, I noted that I received 20, yes twenty prayer flags as gifts. I am astounded and so very grateful! I can't wait for the part of this swap where we can take photos of our prayer flags hanging up. My backyard is going to be festooned and full of good prayers and wishes because of YOU! Thank you ever so much. i will report back when they are mailed!  : ) lenna

10 comments:

  1. That must have taken ages to sort out, Lenna. Can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to opening my envelope and see what's inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO exciting! Thank you, dear Lenna. This has been a wonderful swap and I'm so glad I took part (as you know I was nervous about joining in as I'm more of a paper girl than fabric). I'll be happy to receive any of the flags, they are all so beautiful and made with love.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to be involved in the next one someone hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be very exciting to receive these lovelies in the post! Hope you're going to show us all your gift flags! It's only fair that people send one for you too.
    Judyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Judy. As you look through the posts if you see that 4 flags were made, then one was an gift for me. I will hang all of mine and take a photo and invite the group to do the same. There will be a post where links to these photos will be available -sometime next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos Lenna for all the work you've done for this swap - so looking forward to what I get PLUS I am getting 2 more from my buds Beth and Leslie!

    YOur twenty will look marvelous! J

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make so many people happy, Lenna. Have you thought about that? Truly a gift. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lenna, I received my Prayer Flags and they are wonderful, thank you for a lovely swap. I will post them but need you to let me know when time permits how you want it all done and if you want me to link the post somewhere in particular. Big Hugs and love, Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do such an awesome job of hosting and swapping Lenna! I just received my flags yesterday late and will email to those I received ASAP-I can say I wouldn't have been disappointed by anything I received -what a grouping of utterly beautiful flags in the swap. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh ...soooo excited....can't wait to receive my flags...Thanks again for all your wonderful work in making this swap possible Lenna :) x

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.