Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Linda Bushnell - Prayer Flag swap!

How lovely that Linda learned about this swap from her friend Kim Tedrow, who is also in the swap! Linda wrote in a note enclosed with her flags, "My flags are a combination of painting, stamping and sewing. They seemed like a perfect way to combine all my interests. I especially like incorporating words and quotes in my artwork. I've used fabric paints and stamp inks so they might hold up decently if they end up outside...."
"For both of the flags using the 'dream of hope' quote (below) I started with a recycled t-shirt and muslin backing. I then used fabric paints and fabric stamp ink to stamp the backgrounds and the quote.They're finished off with machine stitching and embellishments."






"For 'Joy' (below) and 'Imagine' (top) I started with a handpaintedbackground and used a combination of stamping and applique to finish them off. 


Linda also wrote, "Making these was addictive!" (I have heard this from many of you and experienced it myself) "I plan on making more for gifts and for hanging with the ones I receive from the swap. Thanks for coordinating and facilitating all of this - I've sent 4 flags, thinking you could pick one as a 'thank you' for your work in arranging this and making  the swap possible."

why, thank you Linda!! This is Linda's first Creative Swap, so glad to have you.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful flags, I really like the 'dream of hope' quote.

    ReplyDelete

Instructions: After clicking on the 'Enter Comment' box, "Comment as:" will appear. If you are logged into Google, your Google profile name should appear. If not, click the down arrow to choose 'Anonymous' - or your Name and your website URL if applicable. Type your comment into the space provided and click publish! Your comment will be sent to me to approve. ***You will not see your comment published immediately, as all comments are moderated. This helps to keep the blog spam-free.